When it comes to the perfect fat burning ab workout, you need to take into account three different aspects of training.
Doing 100 crunches may give your abs that nice “burning” feeling, but when it comes to ab workouts that ALSO burn fat… You need more than just direct exercises.
In today’s fat burning ab workout, you will be targeting our abs from three different angles.
First, you will of course be hitting them directly. This means through exercises that target the abs directly to make them stronger and get that “pop” look.
Think of direct ab exercises like sculpting your core. You are not necessarily burning a lot of fat during this part of the workout, but it will help later when burning away that final layer of fat.
Second, you will hit your abs indirectly. This is done through exercises that focus both on building your abs AND burning the fat around your abs, at the same time.
Think of those exercises like a hybrid movement where you will be feeling activating your abs while also burning up the fat around them.
Finally, you will be adding in the single most powerful “ab exercise” on the planet at the end of each circuit. If you do not know what exercise I am referring to, keep reading and you will see it in red at the end of the workout 🙂
Fat Burning Ab Workout (How To)
For today’s fat burning ab workout you will be doing 5 different exercises, then finish each circuit with a sprint. You will complete 5 total rounds as fast as possible, resting only when needed.
T-Pushups (indirect): 20 reps (10 each side)
Bicycles (direct): 30 reps total
Jump Lunges or Alternating Lunges (indirect): 20 reps (10 each side)
Side Crunch Punches (direct): 30 reps total
Off-Set Pushups (indirect): 20 reps (10 reps each side)
SPRINTS! – Sprint 40-60 yards as fast as possible.
Rest as long as needed and complete 5 total rounds!
This workout right here, and the structure of this workout is the best way to train your abs. Not only are you focusing a few exercises on building your ab muscles, you are also focusing on burning the fat around your abs.
For more fat burning ab workouts just like this one, go check out Superhero Abs System which is designed to get your abs showing in as little as 4-minutes!
Fat Burning Ab Workout: Exercise Descriptions
1. Keep the abs braced and body in a straight line from toes to shoulders.
2. Place the hands on the floor slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
3. Slowly lower yourself down until you are 2 inches off the ground.
4. Push off to return to the start position.
5. As you come up, rotate to one side and point that arm towards the ceiling.
6. Alternate sides with each rep.
1. Start on your back with hands placed behind your head with elbows out and feet straight out off the ground.
2. Bring your opposite elbow to the opposite knee and quickly return to the starting position.
3. Repeat on the opposite side and continue repeating in this alternating fashion.
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Step forward with your left leg, taking a slightly larger than normal step. Keep your right toe on the ground and use it to help keep your balance. The right knee should also be bent. Lower your body until your left thigh is parallel to the ground.
2. Keep your upper body upright and your lower back flat, explode upwards (jump by driving through both legs simultaneously) while switching your legs in the air (your feet will switch places on each rep.) Continue in this alternating fashion
Side Crunch Punches
1. Start lying on the floor with your knees slightly bend in front of you.
2. Crunch up engaging your core. Once you reach the top of your crunch, punch out to one side twisting in your core. Repeat on the opposite side by punching straight out and return to the starting position.
3. Repeat as necessary.
Off Set Pushups
1. Keep your abs braced and body in a straight line from toes to shoulders.
2. Place the hands on the floor slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, BUT place one hand in front of shoulder level and the other hand behind shoulder level.
3. Slowly lower yourself down until you are 1 inch off the ground.
4. Push through your chest, shoulders and triceps to return to the start position.
5. Keep your body in a straight line at all times.
6. Do all reps for one side and then change hand positions and complete all other reps